Saturday, March 04, 2006

Vista - Getting started

If you've been reading this blog you know I'm not a big Microsoft fan. Never the less, MS Windows is alive and well despite it's many flaws and if you are a middle aged computer geek like myself, then most likely you're a Windows user, like or not. That being said, I have to admit I've always liked Windows XP, security issues not withstanding. And, I must also admit that I am looking forward to the upcoming release of Windows Vista later this year because it provides the opportunity for me to design and build a new computer ("Honey, we need to budget some money for the new computer, Vista is on the way!").

My last build (Margarita) was designed around Windows XP and the AMD 64 CPU. She is a sturdy ship. I have sailed her across the seven seas and landed in many exotic ports of call. But with Vista, we are talking about upgrading from a Frigate to a Galleon.

Based on what I've been reading, we are going to need some serious hardware to take full advantage of what Vista has to offer. That's okay, because serious hardware is what it's all about, right(?). So then, with that in mind lets begin to explore in specific terms just what sort of hardware goodies Cory-apn says we may want to consider when designing our next high performance computer for Windows Vista. Be sure to check back to this blog from time to time as we begin to identify the different computer components that will be used to construct our Vista flagship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home